Every year The White House holds an Easter Egg Hunt for kids 13 year old and younger. We’ve never been but I’ve been told it’s a really fun experience. The best part is that anyone can attend but there’s a catch, you have to enter and win a lottery.
The 2017 White House Easter Egg Roll will be held on Monday, April 17th. There are different time slots throughout the day. When you enter for the lottery you’ll be able to chose your time preference.
Entering the lottery is free of charge and so is the event. These tickets are not available for sale and are not transferable.
How to enter the ticket lottery
The ticket lottery opens Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) and closes on Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM ET.
You can only submit one application per household.
> > Enter the lottery here <<
Lottery results will be announced on Friday, March 31, 2017.
Please keep in mind that to enter the lottery you need a Recreation.gov account and your information on it has to be updated.
Winners are chosen by a random lottery conducted by Reserve America.
Before you enter, keep in mind that you can bring a small diaper bag but you’re not allowed to bring certain things to the Easter Egg Roll.
The following items are prohibited and will not be permitted into general public and public Ticket areas.
- Laptops, Tablets, Tripods, Monopods, and Camera Sticks.
- Large Bags and Suitcases.
- Drones and other Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- Animals (other than service animals).
- Bicycles, Folding Chairs, Balloons, Coolers, Glass, Thermal or Metal Containers.
- Signs or Flags of Any Kind.
- Umbrellas with metal tips (umbrellas without metal tips will be permitted).
- Any Pointed Object(s) including Pocket Knives.
- Food, Liquids (water will be provided), Aerosols, Tobacco Products, Lighters, Personal Grooming Items.
- Firearms, Ammunition, Fireworks, Laser Pointers, Stun Guns/Tasers, Mace/Pepper Spray, Toy Weapons or Knives of Any Kind.
- Any Other Items Determined to be Potential Safety Hazards.
For more information on the event and to enter the lottery, click here.